[Clears throat nervously. Fiddles with tie]
“I would like to announce that today. At exactly this hour—whatever hour it is that you are reading this—is my mother’s….Birthday!
Please, hold your applause.
Yes. Today is thine mother’s day of birthing. And I would like to take this moment… to thank her.
No seriously, like, on a serious note. Thank you.
For loving me—even though it wasn’t easy.
For not giving up on me—even when the world told you to.
For making mistakes. Because believe it or not they made me stronger.
For your sacrifices.
For lending me your ear as I create characters and new worlds.
For letting me cry when no one else would listen.
For letting me drive, even though you prayed to Dear God that we’d make it home.
For trusting me.
That’s more than anyone has ever done for me.
The list could go on. Fill up the entire page. But really what I’ve wanted to say is that I love you.
I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.
Happy Birthday Mom.
I ‘m praying you have many, many more.
-Jae Lei Nyght
P.s. I had to put this online because the printer wouldn’t let me print in color. Sorry. 😀
- TheAwakening. (jaeleinyght.wordpress.com)
- FairyTales… (jaeleinyght.wordpress.com)
- The Sun and Moon… (jaeleinyght.wordpress.com)
- What’s Normal? (shafiqah1.wordpress.com)
- Missing Boy- Excerpt From “The Dreamer” (First Novel In The Dreamer Trilogy) (jaeleinyght.wordpress.com)
- TheGirlInRed… (onlinefunland.wordpress.com)